I am so excited to finally see you at your upcoming appointment! The Colorado Department of Regulatory Affairs and the Colorado Department of Health, have issued new guidelines for salon services. It will feel a little strange, but these are for both of our safety and the safety of our entire community. Please read through the following information so that you are prepared for your appointment.
- If you are feeling sick or under the weather in any way, please call to cancel your appointment.
- Under the “Safer at Home” directive, you should still be limiting your interactions with those outside your home as much as possible. Coming to your appointment straight from home and returning home afterword is a good practice, if you can. That will go far in helping us both stay safe and healthy. Please do not bring anyone with you that does not have an appointment at the same time.
- Thorough disinfection of tools and surfaces such as the cutting and shampoo chairs, as well as the side chairs and other surfaces will be done between each client. I recently received Barbicide Certification, which ensures knowledge of the proper use of Barbicde, the gold standard tool for disinfection within the practice of cosmetology.
- Because of the need to disinfect prior to your appointment, and to limit the number of people in my studio and the building, please park your car and then text me that you have arrived. Stay in your car or wait outside the building. Note that cell service may be weak in the parking garage, so waiting outside or by the stairs may be best. You will not be allowed to wait inside. Once the client before you has left and I have disinfected, I’ll text you back or call you that I’m ready for you. Please arrive to your appointment on time so that we don’t cause a domino effect in delays for the clients that follow you.
- Please leave backpacks, purses, jackets and other extra stuff at home or secured in your car, whenever possible. Please try to only bring what you need.
- You must be wearing a mask when you enter the building and keep it on during your appointment. You should bring your own mask, but it should be one that loops around your ears instead of one that ties around your head, if at all possible. I will also be wearing a mask throughout your appointment. If you have any questions or concerns about a mask, please email or text me. (On a side note, having your own mask is a good idea because we’re going to need them for some time!)
- Your temperature will be taken using a contactless thermometer and you’ll be asked some COVID-19 screening questions before we begin on your hair. If your temperature reads 100.4 or above, your appointment must be rescheduled. This is required by Public Health Order.
- When you enter my studio, you will be asked to use the provided hand sanitizer. If you leave my suite for the bathroom, you will be asked to use it again on your return.
- There may be other measures that need to be taken, depending on the guidelines issued by regulators and public health authorities between now and May 9, when we are allowed to open. I’ll be sure to let you know prior to your appointment, if necessary.
I know that this is all new and strange for each of us. Nonetheless, this is how we will all stay safe and healthy as we move toward normality down the road. If you have any specific concerns or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
I’m excited to see you again soon! Stay safe and healthy.